Central Florida emergency management officials are preparing for Hurricane Dorian as the storm remains on a direct path to Florida.
Residents are urged to prepare now for the storm as it is expected to bring heavy rainfall and hurricane-force winds. Click here for the latest track and forecast.
If possible bring your own shovel as some locations do not provide them. Please be sure to check the hours of the locations and bring proof of residency.
For unincorporated county residents:
- Road & Bridge Department – Kissimmee: 1698 S. Hoagland Boulevard in Kissimmee, 34741
- Poinciana Library: 101 N. Doverplum Avenue in Poinciana, 34758
- Celebration Community Field Complex: 319 Campus Street in Celebration 34747
- Holopaw Community Center: 8801 Community Center Road in Holopaw, 34773
- Kenansville Community Center: 1154 S. Canoe Creek Road in Kenansville, 34739
- Osceola Heritage Park, (Shakerag Road): 1211 Shakerag Road, Kissimmee FL 34744
Hours of operation: Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Number of bags: 25 per household
Corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard & Alaska Avenue (vehicle must enter from MLK Boulevard)
Hours of Operation: Thursday, noon to 6 p.m. and Friday,8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Number of bags: 12 bags per household. ID required.
St. Cloud residents:
St. Cloud Civic Center, 3003 17th St., Civic Center (entrance on 17th street)
Hours of operation: Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Number of bags: 12 sandbags